Re: [squid-users] Chain proxy URLs

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:27:24 +0200

Francois Liot wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> As far as I renember,
> It's possible to write manually chained proxy request,
> something like http://myproxy:3128/_-_http://myrpoxy2:8080/_-_http://www.yahoo.com
> or at least http://myproxy:3128/_-_http://www.yahoo.com

 I have seen anonymizer sites working with syntaxes like this,but
 you probably have to write your own redirector application
 to make this work.

> Were configure in SQUID this "_-_" separator ?
> (I didn't see it in squid.conf I suppose it's before compilation)
>
> What is the "by default" SQUID separator (on my version "_-_" doesn't work...) ?

  Remarkable question.

  Note that squid is a simple (excuse me for some people) http
  proxy only.

  url mangling will have to be done by writing a (redirector)
  application.

  M.

--
 'Love is truth without any future.