[squid-users] Squid ldap group problem still

From: kevin stuttard <kevinstuttard@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 00:25:40 +0200 (CEST)

Hi I am still persevering with squid_ldap_group with
very little success.

My problem appears to be with the filter. I have tried
many different permutations of the filter and have had
a little succes with it at the command line. The
following appears to work when you type a valid
username and password at the prompt as it returns o.k.
If you type a username and password from another group
it returns err. if you change the group to
internetusers, it lets you access even though the user
is not in the internet users group. I am really
struggling with this but I am not going to give up.

./squid_ldap_group -b
OU=internetusers,DC=mansfield13104,DC=lancsngfl,DC=ac,DC=uk
-D
CN=Adminstrator,CN=Users,DC=mansfield13104,DC=lancsngfl,DC=ac,DC=uk
-w password -f"(OU=%g)" -h pit-pony:389

the group of users I am trying to match are called
internetusers and the group is an OU

I have tried various permutations such as
"(&(member=%u)(OU=%g))"
"(&(sAMAccountName=%s)(OU=%g))"
"(&(uid=%u)(OU=%g))"

but with an err each time. Can you point me in the
right direction please. Also what does the & stand for
in the filter?

=====
Kevin Stuttard
Head Of ICT Support