[squid-users] Squid eating up much space

From: Edison Cala <edison@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 14:01:56 +0800

greetings!

i am currently using squid 2.5.stable2 running on FreeBSD 4.5. i installed my squid on /usr/local/ directory. my problem is /usr directory used space is getting bigger and bigger everyday probably 3% everyday. i had alotted 10GB of cache_dir.

i added in my crontab service to delete access, cache, and store.logs every 1 hour.

in my previous version (squid2.4.stable1)i didn't encounter this problem. only in this latest release of squid. btw, in my configuration i enabled cache-digests, and htcp.

so far by now, i had added in crontab service to rotate the log files and delete cache, access, and store.log.0

are there any suggestions to deal with this problem? i hope i did the right way to counter the problem thru rotating the log files.

further suggestions are very much appreciated.

yours truly,

Edison Cala