Re: [squid-users] Delay pools

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 28 Apr 2003 13:18:54 +0200

sön 2003-04-27 klockan 08.29 skrev Awie:

> In my case, I want to limit the access ;
>
> User A = max. 2 Kbytes
> User B = max. 2 Kbytes
> User C = max. 2 Kbytes
>
> Total Network = max. 4 Kbytes
>
> 1. How can I calculate the delay_parameters ?

By making a delay pool parameter with the corresponding refill rates for
per user and aggregate network limits.

If you should use a delay class 2 or class 3 depends primarily on the
size of your network. If all your users are in a "class-C" network then
a pool of class 2 is suitable.

For better browsing experience you want a somewhat larger pool size.

Note: The aggregate limit should probably have a pool size equal to the
refill rate.

> 2. If the max. of total network has reached (4 Kbytes), then all users will
> get 4 Kbytes / 3 users. Can I do this?

Squid automatically tries to do this if you have a aggregate network
limit and the limit is reached.

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before