Re: [squid-users] Slow google etc

From: adrian.wells <adrian.wells@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 12:45:44 +0100

Hi Henrik,
Thanks for coming back so quickly.

The upstream proxy is at a remote site via a (effective) direct line, we can
not bypass. Only search engines are affected (AFAIK).

The upstream proxy does not appear to cache.

I have added the line...

never_direct allow all

and it now works :-) but what is the affect of this line on the rest of my
config? I don't fully understand the FAQ.

Our intranet works fine and is on this side of the router. Our website is
hosted by the upstream proxy people and works fine.

Kind regards
Adrian