Re: [squid-users] Using SQUID, Logging + Log/request revue

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 14:04:33 +0200

Francois Liot wrote:

> Indeed maybe my questions was unclear.
>
> I want to be able to review the full HTTP request (header + content).
> It's easy to browse cache directory,
> but some HTTP requests are never cached (for many reasons)

 You could enable 'log_mime_hdrs' to get more info about object type(s).
 Now logging content in access.log would not be feasible
 for obvious reasons, the file would 'explode' in relative short time
 period(s).

> Is it possible to
> - log request content in access.log
> or
> - force caching of all HTTP request (I will do manually -script- mapping of access.log and cache files)

  Playing with irrealistic values of 'refresh_pattern' and the
  accompanying 'override' options could 'force' caching of all
  http requests, but beware of consquences of the choosen setup.

  (read relevant comments in squid.conf.default on 'refresh_pattern').

  M.