[squid-users] Urgent help needed with pam auth

From: <revooh_c@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 14:57:42 -0400

I am in need of some urgent help. I recieved a new server today to move my companies squid proxy onto. Due to problems beyond my control, I must ship the server out today and it must be running. I have installed redhat 8 on the box since no one ordered a scsi card with an external connector and have then installed the needed programs.

However, I am having problems getting squid to authticate with linux. I am using pam authentication and have placed the squid file in /etc/pam.d. The file contains:
auth required /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so shadow nullok
account required /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so

However, when I try to run my browser through squid, it does not authenticate me.

The config file for squid is the same one from the previous server that is working fine with rh7.1.

Would someone please help me get this resolved. It appears that redhat has changed something from 7.1 and 8 and this pam config is no longer working.

Thanks,

Chris