[squid-users] zero-sized reply problem solved

From: <jschmidt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 16:53:33 -0500

I had posted for help on a zero-sized reply issue back on 03/26/2003, and got no reply.
I guess I understand why now. It apparently had nothing to do with squid.
 I'm sending
this just in case someone has a similar situation.

The original issue was that particular websites: Autodesk's website in the
support forums;
Dell website trying to download drivers; and especially hotmail would
never work through
squid for me.

My squid is behind a pix firewall that is using the integrated websense
filtering features.
The following link on Websense's site details a potential problem that was
apparently
what I have been experiencing:
http://www.websense.com/support/knowledgebase/display.cfm?id=766&count=no

The odd thing is that I don't have a problem when going direct to these
sites, only when
going through squid. In troubleshooting, I disabled Websense, and
suddenly it was
working. In the end the following commands entered on the pix solved the
problem:

url-block url-mempool 1500
url-block url-size 4

hope this helps someone