Re: [squid-users] squid with linux or freeBSD?

From: Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 13:40:42 +1000

Hi,

On Thu, 1 May 2003 11:31:30 +0800
"fooler" <fooler@skyinet.net> wrote:

> [...]

Doesn't performance actually *increase* if you lose a disk? Sure you're
"degraded" as far as redundancy goes but performance-wise you win because some
percentage of reads (and writes?) no longer involves the parity calculation
(it's on the missing disk) and so occur faster.

Colin

--
Colin Campbell
Unix Support/Postmaster/Hostmaster