Re: [squid-users] squid with linux or freeBSD?

From: Joel Jaeggli <joelja@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 21:27:25 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 1 May 2003, fooler wrote:

> [...]

sorry, it isn't, if you benchmark it, you'll find that out.

> raid 0 or stripping
> distribute the load and minimize the positioning of a disk head (seek time)
> which is the most obvious bottleneck of a disk...

yes and a raid zero stripe will do nothing for your seek time.

> > the data in the cache isn't important enough to save over a disk crash
> > anyway.
>
> true...
>
> fooler.

Joel Jaeggli	      Academic User Services   joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu
--    PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E      --
  resort of the scoundrel.  With all due respect to an enlightened but