[squid-users] what is TCP_CLIENT_REFRESH_MISS - not using cached copy

From: Jon <jmd000@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 18:17:35 +1000 (EST)

Hi all,

I've tried searching the FAQ and web for this but...

What does TCP_CLIENT_REFRESH_MISS mean?

I'm getting this specifically at windowsupdate.microsoft.com (but I don't
think it is unique to there).

I downloaded about 20Mb worth of updates from there this morning, from one
computer on my LAN. Just now (about 6 hours later) I downloaded all the
same updates for another machine on the same LAN, and it didn't use a
single cached copy! Argh.

I've seen it work before... why not now? The only change I've made in
squid.conf is to increase maximum_object_size to 200Mb.

Thanks :)