Re: [squid-users] Re: cache_mem question

From: Rodsak Promrattanakul <kob_cpe8@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 00:33:30 +0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Henrik Nordstrom" <hno@squid-cache.org>

> If you have additional questions please be a bit more specific on what
> you want to know.

1.When Squid recieved Object which uncacheable , what 'll squid do?

2.When Squid recieved Object which cacheable ,Squid keep Object in RAM
(Hot Object ) and concurrently Squid keep Object in Disk(Cold Object) :
Right or Wrong ? If wrong ,what is the right way ?

3.cache_mem content is In-transit-Object , Hot-Object and Negative-Object ,
so what is In-transit-Object ?
    what is Negative-Object ?

4.storeEntry is index for indicate Object ?

5.Squid use index to indicate Object .Where is the index , is it in memory
only ? Is it in cache_mem or not?

6.storeEntry have no limit ?
    If it have no limit ,what happen if Squid have many object?
    If storeEntry have limit , what is replacement policy?

7.Can cold object was removed ? What ' case ? And What happen about it's

8.What should I do if my cache_dir is full ?

9.Unlinkd used for unlinking old index or old Object?

10.When I reconfig cache_mem (in case cache_mem was decrease), then I run
squid -k reconfigure .
 Which content was removed?
 What happen about - index which indicate object ?
                                 - Hot Object ?

11> >Semi-Hot: Object is not kept in memory by Squid, but is cached at
> > the disk level by the OS. These also give TCP_HIT in access.log,
> > but the actual disk I/O involved is naturally much less.
What is an example of Semi-Hot Object?

Regards,
Rodsak