[squid-users] ICAP (was: Squid+AntiVirus+Content Filtering)

From: Boosten, Peter <Peter.Boosten@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 08:23:48 +0200

# I also tried to access other proxys using ICAP to shorten the proxy
# chain. But I would not really recommend using ICAP yet.

Christoph,

Could you elaborate on this remark? We're planning to circumvent our
virusscanner for several sorts of downloads, like https-traffic, jpeg's,
etc, to increase performance, yet we want .exe's etc. to pass our
virusscanner.

Why not use ICAP (yet)?

Thanks for your answer.

Kind regards,

Peter Boosten
DSM Corporate ICT, Technical Infrastructure
Service Delivery Manager DNS/DIXS/DDS
+31 46 47 66855

This e-mail is for the intended recipient only.
If you have received it by mistake please let us know by reply and then
delete it from your system; access, disclosure, copying, distribution or
reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited.
If you as intended recipient have received this e-mail incorrectly, please
notify the sender (via e-mail) immediately.