[squid-users] Re: Squid Test Case

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 05 May 2003 20:57:16 +0200

mån 2003-05-05 klockan 20.39 skrev Rodsak Promrattanakul:
> I am trying to study polygraph ,but I have suspicious about :
> How to connect polygraph to squid ?
>
> What is the "cache size" in polygraph ? I just want to use cache_mem in my
> squid server ?

cache size in polygraph is the total size of the object cache in the
proxy server you are testing. For a Squid server this is the sum of
cache_dir + cache_mem.

It is used by polygraph for calculating how much traffic it needs to
generate to make sure the cache is filled before actually doing
measurements. Measurements on an empty disk cache is not valid.

If you are running Squid without any disk cache (cache_dir null) and
only using cache_mem then a reasonable value to polygraph is the larges
cache_mem value you are going to test.

Henrik Nordstrom <hno@marasystems.com>
MARA Systems AB