Re: [squid-users] Squid not caching?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 07 May 2003 12:49:50 +0200

ons 2003-05-07 klockan 12.01 skrev MunFai:

> I'm installing squid for the first time on SuSE 8.1. Looking through the
> log files, I see a lot of TCP_MISSes than anything else. I was pointing
> my browser to sites like www.google.com and www.yahoo.com

Maybe you are bitten by browser cache propagation issue.. To activate
the Squid cache function you need to visit sites not already cached by
your browser.

This problem usually goes away naturally after a few days with multiple
users accessing the cache, as Squid sees more requests for content not
already cached in the browser cache.

Try clearing your browser cache.

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before