[squid-users] Bad performance because of cache_access_log

From: Antonio M. Guirado <antonio.guirado@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 17:26:12 +0200

Hi!

we are a little ISP that have a squid proxy with 100 request/sec. The last days we have noticed that
the consumition of CPU because of SQUID proccess is too high and besides the number of request
is lower that other days. We have redirect the cache_access_log to "none" and the performance is twice better.
We supposed that logs writing is very slow and this is the problem of bad performance. However, we ought to collect
the access_logs due to several other questions.

Any idea what can we do??

Out compile options are:

./configure --prefix=/opt/squid-2.5.STABLE2 --enable-async-io --enable-snmp --enable-kill-parent-hack --enable-err-languages=Spanish --enable-default-err-language=Spanish --enable-wccp --disable-hostname-checks --enable-delay-pools --enable-poll

Thanks in advance.

Antonio M. Guirado Puerta
Sistemas de Información y Comunicaciones
Fundación Integra. http://www.f-integra.org

Teléfono: +34 968 355161
Fax: +34 968 355131
Correo: antonio.guirado@f-integra.org