[squid-users] Transparent proxy and WCCP

From: MunFai <munfai@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 16:28:26 +0800

Hi,

I've enabled WCCP, and set wccp_router to the IP address of the router
directing HTTP traffic to the Squid box. wccp_version is set to 4 as the
router is using IOS 12.x. Squid is running on port 8080, and I'm using
IPtables to redirect port 80 traffic to port 8080.

However, for some reason the transparent proxy does not work. I used
IPTraf to monitor traffic on the Squid box, and I see that I'm receiving
GRE traffic from the router. However, there doesn't seem to be any
traffic on port 80, nor port 8080.

Any suggestions?