[squid-users] NTLM Foreign Server Authentication

From: Vladimir Martinov <vladimir.martinov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 11:40:01 +0200

Hi! SQUID2.5S2 Linux2.4.18

I am having a problem with a remote NTLM authentication. When an user tries
to connect to a remote site via the proxy we get back the follwing:

#HTTP Error 401
#401.2 Unauthorized: Logon Failed due to server configuration
#
#This error indicates that the credentials passed to the server do not match
the credentials #required to log on to the server. This is usually caused by
not sending the proper WWW-#Authenticate header field.
#
#Please contact the Web server's administrator to verify that you have
permission to access to #requested resource.

I am using all default settings of squid.conf and none of the ACLs are
dealing with headers. I have tried loggin onto some other sites with remote
authentication and it seems to be well working...

Any ideas???

Vladimir Martinov
Revenue Manager
Le Meridien Muenchen