RE: [squid-users] Cache manager: which ports are being used?

From: Boniforti Flavio <boniforti@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 13:59:46 +0200

> cacahemgr uses HTTP to talk to Squid. The port you give to
> cachemgr when you login is the same port as you configure
> Squid to listen on with http_port.

But there _must_ be something else, because with my firewall setup I am
able to surf through my proxy (port 8080) BUT no Cache Manager access is
available. I just get "Connection timed out"...

I've opened ports 80 and 8080 but nothing works. As I "shut down" my
firewall, leaving all things open, I can access Cache Manager.

Is there a way we may further check what's wrong? Maybe we missed the
fact that it's actually using another port besides "8080"...

Thank you!