Re: [squid-users] How change timeout of retention user / password

From: Stefano Mason <stefano.mason@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 14:28:46 +0200

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> fre 2003-05-09 klockan 13.00 skrev Stefano Mason:
>

>>User authenticate himself to squid and trought a web application change
>>his password on LDAP. After close all browser, the user reopen browser
>>and enter on the popup authentication the new password.
>>
>>Is possible?
>

> Should work out of the box for the Squid parts.
>
> For the web application for changing the password this is outside the
> scope of Squid (squid is a HTTP proxy, not a user administration
> framework). Have not looked but this feels like a kind of application
> that should exists in quite many incarnations on the web already. If not
> it is nearly trivial to code as a CGI, PHP or ASP script on one of your
> web servers..

My english is very bad.

Squid is configured to verify users by LDAP server. OK

Now, the problem is:
Squid seems to remember for 3 minutes the pair user/password and also if
  the LDAP password change during this period I allow to access to squid
by old password and not by the new.

Squid seems to cache also user/password authentication for about 3 minuts.

Is possible to change this behaviour?

Many thanks

Best regards.

--