Re: [squid-users] winbind!

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 09 May 2003 16:00:30 +0200

fre 2003-05-09 klockan 15.05 skrev KRISS BOUCHET:
> Hello users!
> I'm trying to use winbind to authenticate users on active directory but
> i can't suceed:
> first, i try without the wb_group...
> i've included the linux in the AD
> i've change my nss_switch.conf to have this :
>
> passwd: db files winbind nisplus nis
> shadow: db files nisplus nis
> group: db files winbind nisplus nis
>
> i've put the libnss_winbind.so in the /lib/

You do not need to configure NSS or PAM for Squid use. The squid winbind
helpers talks directly to winbind without using either NSS or PAM.

NSS and PAM is only needed if you want to use winbind for normal user
account logins to the server, not for Squid.

> i've launched the winbindd daemon, but i can't contact it :
>
> wbinfo -p fail
> [root@TT bin]# ./wbinfo -p
> 'ping' to winbindd failed
> could not ping winbindd!

Then winbindd is not most likely not running correctly. Check it's logs.

Note: You may need to also run nmbd before starting winbindd.

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before