[squid-users] Detecting that dead parent is alive

From: Daniellek <daniel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 17:03:11 +0200

Hi,

I've problem with dying parent, it happens two or three times
a week.
My squid (2.5.S1) then says "TCP connection to .... failed".

Last time i've got about 50 messages like this for 20 minutes.

I saw this few hours later (3h to be precise :), and squid
still wasn't sending requests to this parent...

The other strange thing was that there were no "Detected DEAD Parent:"
(sometimes there is Detected DEAD Parent, and REVIVED some time after)
line in cache.log, just 50 "TCP connection" failures.

After kill -HUP SQUIDPID my squid started talking with his parent.

Is there a way to make squid act faster for such failures (and without
my HUPing) ?

--
Daniel Fenert                 --==> daniel@fenert.net <==--
==-P o w e r e d--b y--S l a c k w a r e-=-ICQ #37739641-==