Re: [squid-users] cannot login with wb_auth helper

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 09:04:19 +0200

On Monday 12 May 2003 08.47, Fernando Ruza wrote:
> Samba version:
>
> luna:~# smbd -V
> Version 2.999+3.0.alpha23-4 for Debian
> luna:~# nmbd -V
> Version 2.999+3.0.alpha23-4 for Debian
>
> and Squid version:
>
> luna:~# squid -v
> Squid Cache: Version 2.5.STABLE2
> configure options: --prefix=/home/fruza/tmp/Curro/Squid/squid
> '--enable-auth=basic, ntlm' '--enable-basic-auth-helpers=SMB,
> winbind' '--enable-ntlm-auth-helpers=SMB winbind'

Please see the Squid FAQ on supported Samba versions for the Squid
winbind helpers.

Note: Current alpha versions of Samba 3.0 includes it's own helper
which can be used by Squid. This is not yet mentioned in the FAQ as
it is relatively new and alpha Samba releases should not be used in
production.

  http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-dev/200305/0102.html

You are welcome to try out this Samba-3.0 version of the winbind
helpers if you like, but you should not be doing this in a production
environment until Samba-3.0 is released.