Re: [squid-users] Help!!

From: Joel Jaeggli <joelja@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 21:45:54 -0700 (PDT)

If it's using more space then you allocated for it, you can increase the
average object size or decrease the size of of the cache-dir entry... if
you said 18000mb before say 15000mb now or something similar. there
shouldn't really be any reason to empty the cache dir short of massive
corruption given that once it reaches the threshhold it should start
replacing existing objects with new ones.

joelja

On Tue, 13 May 2003, Saisab Pradhan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using squid 2.4 as a proxy for my organisation. My platform is solaris
> 8.0. I have set aside 18 GB space for the cache. Any one can please tell
> how do I clear the cache in squid?? It is eating up the disk space. And is
> there any way of clearing the cache in regular interval?? Any help would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Saisab

Joel Jaeggli	      Academic User Services   joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu
--    PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E      --
  resort of the scoundrel.  With all due respect to an enlightened but