[squid-users] Winbind Server Secret goes bad. HELP.

From: Mark Pelkoski <mpelkoski@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 08:40:53 -0600

Group,
Thanks in advance for any help on this.
I am running samba-2.2.8a on RH 9.0. I am using wb_group and wb_ntlmauth
as my authenticators. Periodically, the Winbind server secret password
goes bad. By joining the AD domain again and bouncing the smb and
winbind services makes it good again. My question is, what is the secret
to getting this stable enough to where the secret never goes bad? Is
there a way to automatically check or actively change the secret
password in order for the NTLM authentication process does not stop
working? I plan on implementing this Squid server into a high production
environment. This instability is simply not acceptable. Any and all help
is appreciated. Thanks,

Mark Pelkoski