Re: [squid-users] How do I only allow browsing to "X" websites?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 09:28:34 +0200

On Wednesday 14 May 2003 05.41, james jones wrote:
> Is there a way for squid to only allow x.list of URL's?

Yes, by using acls matching this list of URLs and then only allow
requests matching these acls in http_access..

Short example:

acl unlimited_stations src 192.168.1.24
http_access allow unlimited_stations

acl limited_domains dstdomain "/path/to/limited_domains.txt"
acl limited_stations src 192.168.1.0/24
http_access allow limited_stations limited_domains

to be inserted where instructed in the default Squid configuration.

limited_domain.txt should contain the domain (.example.com) or
hostnames (www.example.com) of the allowed sites, one per line.