[squid-users] Load questions

From: Stephen J. McCracken <smccrack@dont-contact.us>
Date: 14 May 2003 08:45:36 -0500

PII - 400MHz - 256MB RAM
DG 2.4.6-8
Squid 2.5STABLE2

We are looking at rolling out a new Dansguardian/Squid box in our
organization. Most everyone is pointed to an automatic proxy script.
In the roll-out we have pointed about 80 users first (eventually will
have 150-200 boxes) at the dg/squid box with fallback to the old
filtering proxy. We have heard that some of these people are falling
back to the old proxy while the dg/squid box is running.

My question is if anyone can help point me to places to look to check if
the box is overloaded with connections which might explain why they are
falling back to the old proxy. Thanks!

Steve McCracken