Re: [squid-users] Monitor Bandwidth Usage.

From: Tom Greaser <tgreaser@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 13:47:51 -0400

ntop sounds like it will do what you want..
www.ntop.org. Ive been running it to watch our 10 meg connetion to the net .. works very well..

>>> "Manjunath H N" <manjunath@iwavesystems.com> 05/15/03 08:25 AM >>>
On Thursday, May 15, 2003 2:03 PM
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org> wrote:

> On Thursday 15 May 2003 06.31, Manjunath H N wrote:
>
>> How to monitor Bandwidth usage using squid because we shifted over
>> to a new router which has very basic functionalities only, so no
>> mrtg.
>>
>> I tried cfgmaker but could not suceed, Any pointers pls
>
> See the Squid FAQ on how to configure mrtg with Squid.

MRTG cannot monitor on a per user basis, I have restricted bandwidth usage
to all users using Delay Pools, but sometimes the bandwidth is very slow,
when I ask my ISP they say full bandwidth usage from my side. So I want to
identify the culprit which is using up the bandwidth. Sometimes it can be a
virus or some other application which keeps sending the requests, is there
any application which monitors the bandwidth usage on a per user basis on
LAN.

TIA,
-- Manjunath

DISCLAIMER:

This e-mail and any attachment (s) is for authorised use by the intended recipient (s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to the legal privilege of iWave Systems Technologies Private Limited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from retaining, using, copying, alerting or disclosing the content of this message. Thank you for your co-operation.