[squid-users] Problems accessing some URLS

From: McWhirter,Julia <julia.mcwhirter@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 17:06:58 +0100

When using Squid 2.5 stable 2 on Solaris 8 with NTLM auth with Samba
2.2.8a I have problems accessing some web pages using IE 5.5 but not
when using IE 6SP1.

I read somewhere that IE 5.5 has a bug that causes the NTLM auth to fail
and therefore does not comply to the RFC, is that the case?

I do not exactly get any error messages on the client, it loads the web
page the first time then if you migrate down into the web page and then
use the back button and then try and select the link again and it just
hangs. It's absolutely fine if you use IE6SP1, Netscape 4.78, 7.0,
mozilla etc.

Access.log from squid does not reveal alot more, just lots of
TCP_DENIED/407 entries but I am guessing this is the NTLM auth doing its
3 tries at authentication.

I guess upgrading the browser is the answer, just wanted to verify the
cause was a bug in IE 5.5.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Julia McWhirter