Re: [squid-users] Unable to replace HTTP_Referer

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 00:50:22 +0200

On Wednesday 21 May 2003 00.22, yjid_ybb77@ybb.ne.jp wrote:

> *squid1
> cache_peer squid2 parent 8080 7 no-query
> never_direct allow all
> acl SECRET referer_regex ^http://secret
> header_access Referer deny SECRET
> header_replace Referer http://edited-secret

Works here...

Copy pasted your configuration into my squid.conf.

I then sent the following request to Squid-2.5:

GET http://myserver:port/ HTTP/1.0
Referer: http://secret/something

And my server got:

GET / HTTP/1.0
Referer: http://edited-secret
[...]

I am not using a cache peer however, but as far as I know the use of
cache peers does not modify the results of header_access/replace.

Checking.. ah, it does make a difference if you are using a cache_peer
in this case. Header based acls only work in header_access when you
are not using cache peers.

Please register a bug report for this problem. I have a patch ready
but need a bug report where I can attach the patch..

  http://www.squid-cache.org/bugs/