Re: [squid-users] Error in squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 21 May 2003 15:55:48 +0200

ons 2003-05-21 klockan 14.28 skrev tptmsu:
> I m getting following error in my squid server
>
> temporary disabling (Forbidden) digest from <ip of sibling>
>
> whats that and how to solve it.

* You have configure your Squid to use another proxy as sibling

* You have also enabled cache digest support in your Squid (compile time
option).

* The sibling is refusing your Squid to request the cache digest from
the sibling and is why you get this error.

There can be many reasons why requests for cache digests are refused

a) You are not allowed to fetch content from the peer cache. If this is
the case then you should not configure this peer in your squid.conf.

b) The sibling has not yet built it's cache digest table. If this is the
case then the error will disappear shortly.

c) The sibling does not support cache digest. If this is the case then
you should disable cache digest for this sibling. See the cache_peer
options.

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before