Re: [squid-users] How to configure squid as a simple http gw, if possible?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 09:11:04 +0200

On Thursday 22 May 2003 04.22, Alistair Nelson wrote:

> If I browse to it directly,
> I correctly get prompted for access control. However
> squid seems to be stopping the access control prompt
> from coming up, so it just complains saying access
> denied.

Is this a Microsoft IIS server with only NTLM (Microsoft Integrated
Login) authentication enabled? In such case you need to reconfigure
the server to also support Basic (plain-text) and/or Digest as NTLM
authentication cannot be proxied.

> Also I set "maximum_object_size 0 KB", is this the
> correct way to disable the caching? I couldn't find
> a FAQ topic that directly answers this?

Squid FAQ 4.20 Can I make Squid proxy only, without caching anything?
<url:http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-4.html#ss4.20>