Re: [squid-users] squid on freebsd

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 09:37:10 +0200

On Thursday 22 May 2003 04.47, Hendro Susanto wrote:

> idnsCheckQueue: ID 557: giving up after 58 tries and 302.5 seconds

Some domain unreachable.

> comm_accept: FD 10: (53) Software caused connection abort

This is browsers aborting the connection to Squid while it is being
accepted by Squid. If you get a lot of these it may be a signal that
your Squid is not performing very well, but a few is no sign of
alarm.

> httpAccept: FD 10: accept failure: (53) Software caused connection

Same error as above.

> abort ftpTimeout: timeout in SENT_PASV state

A FTP server where Squid lost the connection. Maybe also a firewall
problem with passive FTP.

> urlParse: Illegal character in hostname 'mail.yahoo.com''

As it says..

> This email message and attachments contain information that is
> confidential to IALF. If you are not the intended recipient you are
> not permitted to use, copy or distribute the message and
> attachments in any manner. If you have received this email in
> error, please inform the sender by return email immediately and
> delete all copies of the message and its attachments. IALF is not
> responsible for any unauthorised changes made to this email or its
> attachments. This notice should not be removed.

Such restrictions of use IS NOT acceptable when posting messages in
public forums. If you think on what the above says for 2 seconds you
will see the problem.

Please discuss the topic with your boss or legal department. The use
of disclaimers like this in public forums like squid-users will
seriously hurt your participation in the public forum and at the same
time undermines the credibility of the disclaimer.