RE: [squid-users] ldap_auth and squid_ldap_auth

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 22 May 2003 13:37:01 +0200

tor 2003-05-22 klockan 11.00 skrev Nuno Ferreira:

> I Examine the logs and checked that a lot of "DIRECT" hits
> are going (almost every hit is going DIRECT)

If you do not have any parents then all cache misses should go DIRECT.

> external_acl_type ldap_group cache=18000 %LOGIN ..........
>
> Supposing that putting the "cache=18000" would be something
> like "cache_dir diskd /somedir 18000 16 256" for example.

Well.. the cache specification to external_acl_type tells how many
helper lookups the acl type should cache in memory. For group acls this
is how many different combinations of login + groupnames Squid should at
most remember in memory as valid without having to query the specified
helper again. 18000 is a very large number for a group acl unless you
have very many active users (in the range of 10000 concurrent users or
more). This is not related to the request hit ratio.

What is relevant for your request hit ratio is your cache_dir
specifications.

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before