[squid-users] Customizing error msgs and mime.conf

From: John Anderson <mlists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 13:59:54 +0200

Hi,

I am customizing the error pages returned by squid. That seems pretty
straightforward, but I want to be able to have an image on these error
pages.

After what I have understood it is possibe to serve this thru the
internal icons squid will return for directory listings and so on.
i.e.
http://cache.mydomain.net:3128/squid-internal-static/icons/anthony-tar.g
if will return an icon. That works.

But how do i add my own icons to the mime.conf ?

i've tried to add the following line at the bottom:
^internal-logo image/gif anthony-logo.gif
- image

after restarting squid, and trying to request this url:
http://cache.mydomain.net:3128/squid-internal-static/icons/anthony-logo.
gif
I get an Invalid Request error from squid..

Could someone please explain how to do this properly. Thanks.
Running Squid-2.5-stable2 on rh7.2.

John.