Re: [squid-users] Squid 2.5 and NTLM Auth.

From: Michael <NEURALMAN@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 06:58:52 -0700 (PDT)

Yeah, the FAQ tells you some things that you
definitely need to know, but I spent over a week
getting winbind to work properly ... I could get
username authentication against a NT 4.0 domain, but
the group authentication (wb_group) just wouldn't work
... until I fell back to Samba 2.2.6 ... I'm not a
guru, so I quite possibly did something wrong, but
heck if I can see what that might be -- I tried
*really hard* :)

In fact, exactly following documentation led to
failure (or undocumented outcomes) over and over
again. It was groups.google that saved me.

You'll need NTLM and winbind authenticators ... type
./configure --help under your squid and samba
directory to get a clue ... and see the FAQ as Henrik
says.

I have it working on RedHat7.3, Samba 2.2.6 and
Squid2.5-STABLE2 ... I want to try again with the
latest Samba, Squid and RedHat 9.

So go and do what Henrik says, give it a try with the
versions I mentioned, use the \ separator and not the
+ (you'll see what this means if you're doing your
part) and come back.

...welcome to Open Source!
Michael