Re: [squid-users] oid+disk usage

From: <adam-s@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 22:20:01 -0700

On Fri, 23 May 2003 07:23:21 +0530, Sukhjit wrote:
>can any one tell me what is the OID for the diskusage of squid.so that i can
>graph the diskusage of squid.
>or can anyone tell me how to do this with mrtg.

Hi Sukhjit ,

Can't tell you straight off since I am at home. However I am pretty
sure you can find it by looking in the mib.txt file that is in the src
or snmp sub-directory of your squid compile dir (e.g 2.5STABLE2/snmp).
It's an ascii file so you can more/pg/vi/view it or mayb this will
work: egrep -iv disk mib.txt

The FAQ has a link to a "walk with snmpwalk" where it lists each MIB
entry with a brief description:
http://www.squid-cache.org/SNMP/snmpwalk.html (they warn you it is
old so maybe some of the values have changed - so your own mib.txt
file should be authoritative).

As to your second question: Henrik recently expanded theFAQ links to
sites detailing using MRTG with Squid :
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-18.html#ss18.9

Since you want the disk usage you could either use the regular SNMP
agent on your server to get the disk usage of the filesystem (from the
FAQ, braindump has an example of that:
http://www.braindump.dk/shared/config/mrtg.cfg ) or you could use
something like what Duane Wessel's RRDTool setup does: he uses a perl
script to poll the cachemgr script itself and then graph those values
He uses rrdtool instead of mrtg but you can borrow the idea of using
the cachemgr.cgi and graph that value:
http://wessels.squid-cache.org/squid-rrd/

hope this helps,

Adam