Re: [squid-users] Optimizing squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 10:02:49 +0200

On Friday 23 May 2003 06.48, adam-s@pacbell.net wrote:

> Slightly off topic: but where are you getting the 600rps from?

From Clark Allan Dave in the beginning ot the thread...
http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200305/0864.html

> I've followed this thread, like most, with fascination, but the
> line he posted was
>
> HTTP requests per minute: 262.0

This does only tell the average requests per minute since start of
Squid, not the current request rate. To get the current rate you need
to look into client_http.requests in the average counters, or graph
the number of requests (cacheProtoClientHttpRequests) with
mrtg/rrdtool or run statistics on access.log.