[squid-users] squid auth - TCP_MISS

From: Victor Cristolovean <victor@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 11:15:16 +0300

Hello everybody
<I`m sorry if you receive this mail again, but after 20 hours my first e-mail
didn't get back to me from this list, so I`m guessing it didn't reach to
squid-users list, filtred or moderated or something else.>

I have squid-2.4.STABLE1-5 with ncsa_auth and only for some computers in our
intranet.

acl accepted_users proxy_auth REQUIRED
acl Comp_1 src 192.168.10.10
..
http_access allow accepted_users Comp_1
..
http_access deny all.

It's working but not entirely. One computer (win98, ie 6.0) can connect
without user&passwd. It's like this: I start IE and I get the window for
user&passwd, and then I close all IE windows. Then I start it again and
I have direct access to www through squid (BTW the firewall accepts only
requests from squid computer and squid user). In access.log I have
"TCP_MISS/200 4109 GET http://www.google.com/ dmu=DIRECT/216.239.37.99
text/htm".
It's something I could do in squid.conf or the problem is from IE?

Thank you

--
Victor Cristolovean
It is not enough to succeed.  Others must fail.