Re: [squid-users] HEEEELLLPPPP

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 09:10:07 +0200

On Sunday 25 May 2003 00.54, Chris Knipe wrote:

> My squid all of a sudden after a reboot stopped working. I have
> *NO* idea what is causing this, but it is behaving TOTALLY strange.
> Starting squid in full debugging (-X) for example, logs NO
> debugging information. Telling squid not to start a daemon (-N)
> for example, and it still starts a daemon.... Hence, it's broken.

Then you are most likely not running the actual Squid binary, but some
kind of wrapper around Squid..

To see what it is you are running:

  which squid
  file /path/returned/above

If you know where Squid is installed you can also try specifying the
full path to your intended Squid binary.

> The only thing that I was able to pick up, was a single error in
> the cache.log, that was never there before....
>
> 2003/05/25 00:47:08| assertion failed: internal.c:99: "host && port
> && name"

Maybe your http_port setting is bad.. a squid.conf "http_port 0" or
command line option "-a 0" will quite likely cause this.