[squid-users] ACLs and http_access deny problem

From: Josh Dixon <Josh.Dixon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 12:57:36 +1000

G'day,

I am using an external auth program to authenticate users, which is
working correctly, with RedHat 9.0 and 2.5.STABLE1.

I have a strange situation, where the acls are working as designed, and
the http_access rules are denying and allowing as requested, but instead
of displaying an error page to the browser, it prompts the user for
their username & password.

The access.log file displays the URL as denied, but no error pages are
displayed, whether they are custom error pages or default pages that
come with squid. I've checked ownership of the files, already.

Any help would be appreciated.