[squid-users] ¿strange behaviour SQUID2.5STABLE2?

From: Antonio M. Guirado <antonio.guirado@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 11:48:16 +0200

Hi everybody,

I'm using SQUID2.5STABLE2 and I don't know if the following behaviour is normal. After a restart and before the memory
reachs then maximum value (cache_mem=512Kbytes and we have 1Gbytes), the number of HTTP request is very high (>150request/sec). However,
after 1 o 2 days working, the number of requests are lower than 100 request/sec. Besides if you restart SQUID the number
is again more than 150request/sec. The navegation profile of our users are very defined and the number of HTTP request should
be very similar.

We are monitoring the swap memory and 13% is busy, is it normal?. We are testing squid with lower cache_mem values (256Kbytes)
but the results are similar.

¿is it normal? ¿is a bug? what can I do?

Thanks in advance.

Antonio M. Guirado Puerta
Sistemas de Información y Comunicaciones
Fundación Integra. http://www.f-integra.org

Teléfono: +34 968 355161
Fax: +34 968 355131
Correo: antonio.guirado@f-integra.org