Re: [squid-users] How to block the "agent"?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 28 May 2003 14:39:44 +0200

ons 2003-05-28 klockan 14.21 skrev Boniforti Flavio:
> Hello...
>
> Some weeks ago there was some talk about "Agent type", which I
> understood being the program which may be called by the browser when
> opening some content (normally audio/video streams).

Not quite. The User-Agent is the browser, or whatever program the user
is using for talking to the proxy or web server.

If the browser immediately calls the "viewer", and it then is the
"viewer" who downloads the content then the user-agent will be the
"viewer".

If the browser downloads the content and then starts the "viewer" to
view the downloaded content then the user-agent is still the browser.

Each HTTP client program is required to identify itself by name and
version in the User-Agent header when sending a HTTP request.

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before