[squid-users] Win 2003 and winbind auth, working but... plain passwords ?

From: Lombardo Federico <egopfe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 10:41:24 +0200

I'm using squid 2.5 STABLE 2 with wb_group auth.

My question is quite simple:

When using this kind of helper with NT4, 2000 and XP all works fine.
To make Win2003 authenticate on squid I must put into the secpol.msc to tell
windows to send plain non-encrypted passwords, in this voice:

+ Microsoft network client: Send unencrypted password to connect to
third-party SMB servers

This means that ALWAYS, in my wb_group authentication I send plain password
or is a only win2003 issue ?

Thank in advance.

Federico