[squid-users] PAM Authentication

From: Mohammad Shakir <shakirgil@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 05:49:26 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Experts,

I want to use pam_auth in my squid for this I made
changes in my squid.conf file which is given below

authenticate_program /usr/lib/squid/pam_auth
acl mypassword proxy_auth shakir
http_acess allow mypassword

when I use proxy then user name and password window is
also appear but its not verify my password from
/etc/shadow file, I have also create a user shakir by
adduser command.

I have Red Hat Linux 7.3 and squid 2.4.stable6-1.7.2

some of friends advise me to recomplie squid source
with externel authentication but I do not know how to
recomplie and after recompling this problem will slove
?

because one friend tell me its smtp mail
authentication problem, but my smtp is working fine
because from my mail server i can get and send emails.

any help ?