Re: [squid-users] Questions about the cache

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 02 Jun 2003 19:11:50 +0200

mån 2003-06-02 klockan 17.36 skrev Claudio Alonso:
> Hi,
> I'm using 2.5STABLE2 on a Solaris and I have 2 questions about the cache:
> 1) I'm getting the following message every 10/15 seconds: "WARNING: Disk
> space over limit". The message shows a number comparison, something like
> "136810 KB > 102400 KB". I have the cache configured to be using 100 Mb, and
> now I'm using about 77 Mb, so why is squid showing this message? By the way,
> shouldn't it manage the disk space so that it doesn't exceed the 100 Mb?

Sometimes Squid needs to save some data on disk, and 100MB is not very
much.. you should consider increasing the cache, or disable the cache
entirely.

> (low and high watermarks default to 90 and 95%).
> 2) I'm getting messages like "WARNING: 1 swapin MD5 mismatches" and
> "WARNING: 10 swapin MD5 mismatches". It sounds bad. Should I worry?

This is a good sign that your cache is not to healty. Squid will
automatically recover on these messages, but clearing the cache is
probably a good idea as there may be corrupted content and other bad
things which Squid does not always detect.

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before