[squid-users] authentication module assistance

From: gb <gillian.bennett@dont-contact.us>
Date: 05 Jun 2003 12:12:35 +1000

Hi,

I have not been using squid that long and have read the doco and the
explanations in the conf file, and I am having major problems getting
the authentication module set up happening.

I have just compiled 2.5.STABLE3 with the options:

configure --prefix="/usr" --enable-storeio="diskd ufs"
--enable-ntlm-auth-module="fakeauth SMB no_check"

This built and installed squid for me, and now I am trying to understand
what to do to setup the ntlm authentication. The instructions say:

auth_param ntlm program /usr/local/squid/bin/ntlm_auth

I would have expected to find this under /usr/ somewhere I guess, but I
have searched for this file/directory from / and can't find it anywhere
on my system

I am running linux redhat 8 on an intel platform.

thanks, Gillian