Re: [squid-users] tcp_outgoing_addres based on dst address

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 09:21:32 +0200

On Thursday 05 June 2003 08.32, Denis Tatarskikh wrote:

> Please, hint, how should I address the problem and get dst based
> tcp_outgoing_address determination work properly, as I expect it?

The problem with using dst acls in tcp_outgoing_address is that it
cannot wait for the DNS lookup to complete. If you can then it is
better to use dstdomain.

Alternatively you can improve the situation somewhat by making sure
the dst acl is used in http_access

acl do_dns_lookup dst 0.0.0.0/32
http_access deny do_dns_lookup

But even with this there may be a few false negatives in
tcp_outgoing_address if the ttl of the address expires inbetween when
http_access and tcp_outgoing_address is processed by Squid.