[squid-users] Re: Problem with IP/VPN

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 06 Jun 2003 11:45:48 +0200

fre 2003-06-06 klockan 11.22 skrev Joseph Arnolda:

> Many thanks for prompt reply. If I put a another proxy with same port
> it works. I have tried the mailings also. It had a solution to do the
> following echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ip_no_pmtu-disk. Still it's the same.
> Router mtu are 1500 and the proxy ethernet is also 1500. I think the
> proxy disregards the traffic. Do u have any solutions that I can try.

Can you ping the proxy server?

If no, then you have a routing issue.

If yes, what happens if you telnet to the proxy port and type some
garbage?

If the above hangs after a partial response then you have a MTU problem.

If the above works, try the same but sending a valid HTTP request
instead of garbage

    GET http://www.squid-cache.org/ HTTP/1.0
    [blank line]

And please do not send me HTML email.

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before