[squid-users] ICAP and FTP? (and what about archives?)

From: Matthias Mikuletz <mmi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 15:18:33 +0200 (CEST)

Hi there,

since I'd like to have squid using an external engine to scan web content,
I started to play a little with squid-icap and the Symantec ScanEngine.

After a few tries I managed to compile and run squid-2.5STABLE3 with a
slightly adapted ICAP-patch. And it works.

But now I'm a little bit confused since there happens to be no scanning at
all of browser initiated FTP traffic, and I couldn't find any information
about it either.

Is it true, that squid-icap is not passing FTP-traffic to the ICAP-server?

The browser I'm using is configured to use a proxy for FTP traffic and the
squid log file contains the corresponding log entries.
But the scan engine does not seem to be called.

Do I miss something vital?
If not, then this is certainly a major drawback of the implementation.

Does anybody know anything about this?

Greets and thanks
Matthias Mikuletz

ps Additionally there seem to problems scanning compressed archives. I'm
only getting error messages in the squid log that say:

        Read icap header : <ICAP/1.0 201 Created
        ICAP : Error path!

==  from:                         Dipl.Phys.  Matthias Mikuletz  ==
==                            ILpÖ   --   Universität Stuttgart  ==
==  jobfon  0711/121-4142     email  mmi@ilpoe.uni-stuttgart.de  ==